Monday, April 27, 2009

Satisfaction thanks to Ray's the Steaks

I eat at a lot of restaurants. 

Friday was no exception, stopping by one of my favorites for dinner, Ray's the Steaks. There were just three of us and we really kept it pretty in check: one appetizer for the table, one bottle of wine and three different steaks. Yet we each left incredibly satisfied, full, and not too much poorer for it.

The meal was so satisfying that when Saturday rolled around it was still on my mind. I spoke to both people I ate with, they couldn't get it off their minds either. So I thought of the last ten or so trips I've made to steakhouses (excluding recent previous trips to Ray's), how my meal was, how my diners meals were and whether they were especially memorable. Not once in the last ten trips was every person happy, let alone ecstatic, with their meal. Not once did I spend three days thinking about just how good it was.

When was the last time you went to dinner and everyone left in awe? How about for under $50 a person?

For all the hoopla around new celebrity steakhouses and innovative restaurant concepts, there's not nearly enough made of simple excellent quality food at reasonable prices. And you know what, that's real innovation. Ray's does something as good, or better, than all their top-of-the-line competitors, but for half the price. 

Just wanted to share my post Ray's glow, considering it's still here 3 days later. 

2 comments:

  1. ray's hellburger, everyone eats and it is just as good, for $15 a person. great meal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I need to eat here......August??? :o)

    ReplyDelete